Wednesday 17 July 2013

Feathers

Kayleigh has been keeping me so busy these past few days that progress has been slow, but I am getting there, at a snails pace.. Or so it feels.  I guess its not all bad, if rushed I might just mess it up.  Don't you just love feathers?  I do, combined with smaller pebbles and swirls it looks even prettier. 


The next two images is from the front and back of the exact same spot quilted.  I think this time the tension is perfect, can you see how the feathers pop both on the front and back?  I was worried when adding the smaller scale quilting that puckers will form, but so far so good, its looking great!

      

Unlike when I quilted the circles inside the sashing, I am not making use of any markings when quilting the feathers.  I love the result quilting white on white, it really blends in well with the background and it really makes the design stand out.
 


A big thank you to everyone's response on my Monday post.  Most of you know I reply to every comment via e-mail, unless you're a no-reply blogger, I always keep a note pad writing down questions I've received, and I will soon share some of them here on my blog.  Its sometimes a bit hard keeping track bouncing from e-mail to blogger...

If you'd like to see more of this baby quilt I'm making, click HERE.

Happy quilting.

28 comments:

Serena @ Sewgiving said...

Wow your quilting is amaaaazing - really beautiful work.

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

Beautiful feather work! It looks great with all the other textures in your quilt. Very inspiring.

MalinisQuilts said...

Your feathers are just stunning! This is going to one beautiful quilt.
I love the backing fabric you choose, really shows off your beautiful quilting.

Unknown said...

Gorgeous quilting!!!

Susan said...

Wow just so beautiful and you have not been quilting very long. Great

Sarah @ mila+cuatro said...

What amazing quilting!

Jane said...

Wonderful quilting!

Karen M said...

Your quilting is absolutely marvelous! You do such a good job on a domestic machine. Lucky baby.

Dorian said...

You do beautiful work. That's going to be a gorgeous quilt.

Sara said...

Your feathers are very desirable!! lol I tried one the other day and I need practice for sure ha!

Rosemary Dickinson said...

Love your feathers! Your quilting never disappoints me!

Sweet Dreams Quilting said...

Your quilting is just amazing! I love to see what you are working on. Very inspiring!

Tanyia said...

This is just beautiful! I tried FMQ...once ... lol it did not work out so well, so I will stick to my straight lines for now, but eventually I think I would like to try again :)

I am stopping by from the WIP hop, my post is here if you have time to stop by :) http://domesticdeficitdisorder.blogspot.com/2013/07/wip-july-17th-edition.html

marcella said...

Such beautiful quilting! I'm still working on getting my feathers to look like, well, feathers :-) Thanks for the inspiration - I'll get there someday with enough practice.

Patricia said...

You are doing a beautiful job of it. I haven't had the patience to do such small work yet.

SIMPLESEW said...

iTS SO GORGEOUS.

Martha said...

This baby quilt is simply fabulous!!! I love all the quilting you've done on it. Thanks so much for sharing!!!

Fun, Factual, Weird, and Breathtaking said...

Your quilting is fantastic as always!! I love the hearts in the border!

Chris Dodsley @made by ChrissieD said...

Loving seeing this quilt develop - sooooo much work Marelize, just fabulous :)

AmandaK@whatthebobbin said...

Fabulous quilting!

Ava said...

Your quilting is out of this world. I wish you could teach me.

Becca said...

You make me want to step outside my comfort zone and work on feathers and combining more than one quilting design into a quilt. Even when I make a scrap quilt for myself I often fear doing anything adventuresome with the quilting. That has to stop. I need to write this on my idea wall to help reinforce it. Thank you for both the beautiful quilting and the inspiration!

Val's Quilting Studio said...

Your quilting is inspiring!!

Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation said...

Marelize, your quilting is so intricate. I am so amazed at what you can do! It's just gorgeous!

Thank you so much for sharing at Needle and Thread Thursday!

:) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

Fluster Buster said...

Beautiful, I love the feather pattern. Thank you for sharing at Fluster's Creative Muster. Now that you found us, I hope that you'll be joining us again.

Robin @ Fluster Buster

ipatchandquilt said...

I am loving your work! It is so fabulous!!!
Esther
esthersipatchandquilt at yahoo dot com
ipatchandquilt dot wordpress dot com

Quiltin Jenny said...

Beautiful quilting! I love your combinations of feathers with spirals and pebbles. It really flows.

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love the color palette for this. A lot of the time combining pastels can create a sort of saccharine, precious effect, which is fine for a baby quilt, but this one I would be happy to have for myself.

Do you know Kollabora, the crafting site? There are some great quilters on it already, but not very many. I think everyone there would be excited by something like this.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...