Wednesday 11 March 2015

...at long last!

Wow, has it really been 3 months since my last blog post?  It honestly feels like forever...  We had an unfortunate little incident just after the new year.  A huge hail storm passed through our little town.  Normally I am not one that scares easily, but that night I was pacing through the house nervously and scared!  The sound of thunder and hail hitting against the window got me completely rattled.  It really sounded like all the windows was breaking, so I frantically walked from one room to the next checking for damage.  

    
View around our home the next morning

After the storm had passed which was at about 1 am, and it was just raining I decided that I could finally go to bed.  Unfortunately during the hail storm some of the tiles on our roof shifted and some damaged and large amounts of water leaked through (as my luck would have it) in my sewing room.  Murphy's Law I guess, the only thing that got damaged was my laptop, it was completely drenched in water.  I was so upset, I only had it for about 5 or 6 months and was still brand new.  It was quite a struggle explaining it to our insurance, and it took some convincing and even some arguments to have it replaced.  After many phone calls and a lot patience, I now have a new laptop.  It was such a relief since we do not have the means to just open our purses to buy a new one on demand.  

After I got my emails set up again I received quite a few messages from many you following my blog, some concerned messages and even some just saying 'hi, you are missed'.  Thank you for that, it means a lot.  I am going to make some time today to reply to each of those emails.  

Regarding our 'Anything Goes Mondays' linky party, my subscription to inlinkz has expired during this time and I am now unsure weather or not to carry on this year.  I have enjoyed hosting the linkup but I have been rethinking it for some time, it just felt like my blog has lost its 'personal touch' and I was sharing less and less of my own quilting...  So for the time being or for this year at least I am going to put 'Anything Goes Mondays' to rest.

I have been busy in my sewing room during this time of absence, and I will share it with all of you soon!  For now I am just happy to be back!!! 


* My posts delivered to you *

 photo rss_zps514fcff1.png    photo bloglovin_zpsb177e45f.png    photo mail_zps60f67007.png


 

10 comments:

Sandy said...

Glad to have you back!!! Wow, what a nightmare, insurance can be a blessing and a curse. So glad it worked out in the end and all is repaired and replaced!!! Looking forward to seeing what you've been up to in your sewing room!

Helen@Till We Quilt Again said...

So Happy to hear that you are back and that is not a health issue. I actually thought you might be in the process of a move. It is so nice that you will be connected with globe again. I always enjoyed seeing what your wonderful creative mind was up to!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I had just found your blog before you "disappeared" so glad you are back and that I had put you on my feedly reader. I know what you mean about storms - here in my part of Arkansas we get tornado's and very bad thunder storms mainly in the spring that can be quite frightening - we have a storm shelter that we go to when they get bad enough and always wonder what the damage will be - mostly it is a tree or two that have fallen - knock wood so far none have hit the house

Kathleen said...

That does sound scarey. The weather this year has been wicked everywhere!! We are finally experiencing 40 degree Fahrenheit temps this week and mounds and mounds and MOUNDS of snow are beginning to melt. Looking forward to seeing your sewing progress.

Ella and Nesta said...

So glad you're back! I was getting worried. I am happy to hear you managed to repair the damage and everything is ok!

FlourishingPalms said...

Sure sorry to hear about your storm, and the subsequent damage to your computer. Very few of us can manage for even a few days without a working computer! Glad to know your quilting will focus on you again. I'm anxious to see what you've been up to!

Unknown said...

Sorry to hear about the storm and all the damage. Glad you are healthy and back again. Hope to see a lot of nice quilts.

Catrin Lewis said...

Welcome back - you've been missed!

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

I'm so glad things are settling down for you and you can get back to normal. I know the fear. I've spent many nights in storm cellars and have had my roof and windows trashed more than once.

Not looking forward to the Spring storms in Texas.

Allison said...

So glad to have you back. And glad to hear everything worked out in the end with the laptop. Can't wait to see all you have been working on.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...